What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,956Gear list
Like?
Re: What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder
In reply to Anders W, Mar 27, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Good. So we can move on to the question of when those rules should be violated (there certainly are such cases) and when we can do better by using multiple exposures or other special tricks, e.g., magenta filtering.

One special case is when you've exceeded the dynamic range of the sensor, evidenced on the E-M5 by both orange and blue blinkies in areas of the photo in which you'd like to preserve detail.

This can be dealt with by taking multiple exposures and blending them in software.  The two alternatives for multiple exposures are shooting at the same settings and bracketing.  Alternatives for blending include HDR software, stacking and blending using averaging or some other blend mode and manually choosing which parts of which image to include in the combined image.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow