Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,689Gear list
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to depscribe, Mar 27, 2013

depscribe wrote:

No, I'm not very happy with the AWB as illustrated in the picture I posted. To be fair, it is a difficult place to shoot. But here's the same place, same lighting (bishop, not priest, though that scarcely matters) with the X10. I did apply a tiny bit of correction in the GIMP with this one -- but the one I posted previously did not want to bend easily to correction, so it seems as if the AWB has been rejiggered some way. The X10 picture:

Not especially sharp, but that's my fault.

-- hide signature --

I know that X10 has much better indoor AWB, I noticed the awful artificial light AWB of X20 in pre-production cameras, and I voiced my concern on the forum (and was vilified for that by the early enthusiastic crowd, who are mostly gone now). I noticed the same issue with HS50, and there are some reports X100s AWB has shifted the same way, so it could be the corporate decision for some strange reason. Strangely enough, X-S1 has very good artificial light AWB, so it can be done.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow