What makes more sense?

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
PeteC21
Contributing MemberPosts: 548Gear list
Like?
Re: What makes more sense?
In reply to Simurgh, Mar 27, 2013

I have the SAL 16-50 on my a77.  Going from the 16-105 I thought the range would be too narrow but it works ok.

I've bought, sold, bought some more quite a bit due to budget constraints but along the way I've got a good feel of what I like to shoot and which lens work for my needs and budget.

As suggested previously, use the 16-50 and see how the range and speed of the lens meets your needs.  If you lean toward range then you could extend that with the 55-210 or one of the 18-200's.  I have the Tamron 18-200 on my 5N and I like it's versatility.  I also like the IQ and bokeh of the SEL 50 and while a tad long it is the fastest E-mount lens I have.  At present I have those 2 with the Sigma 30.  I'd prefer the SEL 35 but I don't do that much indoors so the Sig 30/Sony 50 provides more functionality at about the same price for what I like to shoot.  I do like UWA and have my eye on the SEL 10-18 to round out my NEX kit.  I sold off the 16 with WAC and FEC to help fund the 10-18 but still a bit shy of it's hefty price tag.

It really comes down to what you like to do and how much you have to spend!  Be patient and see how well the 16-50 works for you and go from there.

-- hide signature --

"If I knew how to take a good photograph, I'd do it every time." - Robert Doisneau

PeteC21's gear list:PeteC21's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A77 Sony a6000 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow