New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,405Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s
In reply to benarden, Mar 27, 2013

There are so  many things to think about. Yeah regardless of what people might say, both Canon and Nikon make good cameras (and lenses). The only reservations I'd have is finding out the focus speed with the Canon, and the lens sizes. It's true as another poster noted, sometimes in sticking with one system, you do get a "feel" for it after a while. I've still kept my old Canon APS-C because it does macro stuff pretty well and even though it's old, I'm used to it. For nearly everything else I use M43.

If I had the money, I'd buy a FF Canon (all my existing lenses are EF as oposed to the cropped sensor ones). There are things that are advantageous to full frame, as there are things that are advantageous to M43. To me honestly the abilities of APS-C and M43 are too close especially when considering the size of lenses (and the adaptability of many more manual lenses without glassed adapters - But that's only specific to a few of us, and if I was going APS-C I'd probably go to Nex) I do understand what you mean, and I think the new Canon will do OK, especially with those with heavy investments in Canon gear. I think many of those people will buy it, rather than trying to build a whole new system...all they'll have to do is buy a body, and maybe one or two (or more) small pancake lenses as Canon introduces them. Of course I could be wrong.

-- hide signature --

My Gallery is here -
http://www.pbase.com/madlights
Why so serious? :The Joker

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow