What is the simplest way of migrating Lightroom catalog and images from one laptop to another

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anirbana
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?
What is the simplest way of migrating Lightroom catalog and images from one laptop to another
Mar 27, 2013

Hi,

I need some help in moving my Lightroom files and changes I have made from one laptop (Say A) to my actual photo editing work laptop (Say B).

Here's a short background to my situation.

I have LR 4.2 installed on Laptop B as my main machine and have all my photos there. Recently I went on vacation and took almost 1500 images and took a smaller laptop for portability. I installed a trail version of LR 4.2 on the laptop and started editing pictures while on vacation.

Now, I want to move my pictures and saved edits to my work laptop with LR4.2. My question is what is the most easiest and hassle free way to do this. I have checked a few sites, but getting slightly confused as I am new to this product.

Any help with steps to do this migration is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ani

anirbana's gear list:anirbana's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow