Flash for A57 - Do you have any experience with these models?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phaedin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,217Gear list
Like?
Flash for A57 - Do you have any experience with these models?
Mar 27, 2013

All the talk about flashes very conveniently coincides with my need(?) /desire to get one.

I have been asked by a friend to take some photos of her Husbands 50th birthday in about a month so I am looking to get a flash. I might be able to get away with using my 35mm F1.8, but I will need a flash eventually and I might as well get it now, and it will give me a couple of weeks to get familiar enough for the Birthday shoot.

my budget is under $200

These are the models that have made my short list

Bolt V510s :- Has a lot of features, like wireless, but I am not familiar with the brand and I am concerned about compatibility and reliability, so if anyone uses this, feedback would be welcome

Metz 44AF-1 :- most expensive, but does have a lot of feature. Lots of people like the Metz brand

Sigma EF610 DG ST :- Made by Sigma, like Metz, a reputable brand, a basic flash at a lower cost point, will probably do everything that I need now, but maybe not so useful later on?

Polaroid PL144AZ :- Cheapest, but does have slave triggering, so could be useful later on, seems like it has quite a lot of features for the price. I'm concerned about compatibility and reliability, just like the Bolt brand, so any feedback would be welcome

Thanks in advance for your help

phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow