Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rvc1
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
I want a new lens, need advice...
Mar 27, 2013

I'll try to give a brief explanation of what I'm looking for in a lens. I have a Canon T2i. I have the upgraded 18-135mm lens that came with the camera, which I love as my all around lens. I also have the Canon 50mm f1.8 which I love. I love the 1.8 for low light and depth of field. Shots look beautiful. The thing I don't like is that it's fixed at 50mm.

So, my option is to either get, say, a 35mm with similar aperture and swap lenses depending on situation. Or go for something like a 17-70 f2.8-4. The thing I'm worrying about (and asking you) is will the f2.8 be enough to achieve something close to what I get with the f1.8? Can you recommend a few lens options to look into that I may like considering what I'm looking for?

Last thing is, I don't want to break the bank. For instance, the Canon 50mm at $125 was fine for me, as far as quality. I know the type of lens I'm talking about won't be that cheap, but I'm looking for something affordable. I also purchased a Sigma 10-20mm for wide angle shots. Paid $350 used and I'm super satisfied with it. If that info helps at all.

I hope you can recommend some options, any advice or info will help.

THANKS!!!!

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow