Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
MisterBG
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,752
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to fuego6, Mar 27, 2013

fuego6 wrote:

MisterBG wrote:

I have now moved on to Lightroom, which I primarily wanted as a raw developer program.
However, Because of the way Lightroom manges it's image library, you cannot send an image from Zoner (or any other DAM) directly into LR.
All Lightroom images must be imported via it's own library, so I have been forced (somewhat reluctantly) to adopt the Lightroom library for my image management.

I'm still becoming accustomed to Lightroom, but I find your statement "Zoner does NOT do anything with XMP" a little puzzling, since all the XMP image data that I have written with Zoner seems to appear and display correctly in Lightzone. Are you sure that you applied the data to the images? I found it's quite easy to exit Zoner without having saved the XMP data, but I'm assuming it appears in Zoner itself.
Of course, now I'm using Lightzone I shall be using that to write all my XMP data in future.

-- hide signature --

>The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

I assume you meant to say Lightroom instead of Lightzone?

Sorry - I meant to say hierarchical data from Zoner... yes - the standard xmp:dc:subject is filled out but just with straight keywords - even thought I chose a "hierarchical" one that I generated in zoner (ie: Subject->Flowers->Hostas).  Without the hierarchy - the program just falls a bit short.

Sorry about the typo, yes I did mean to say Lightroom. Comes from being a long time Lightzone user.

I still don't understand your fixation with hierachical keywords. Any decent program can do a search based on as many or as few keywords that you care to enter. If I search for "red" I may find red cars and red flowers, but if I search for "red,flowers" then I get red flowers returned. I'm afraid I cannot see any reason for this hierachy that you seem to need, but I maybe I've missed your point?

-- hide signature --

>The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow