First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
tjobbe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,196Gear list
Like?
Re: First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)
In reply to Ariston, Mar 27, 2013

Ariston wrote:

thanks. when you say low noise reduction, does this mean that the NX300 already has 3 NR options rather than the single NR option of which intensity we don't know of? also, is the jpeg IQ good at 6400 even if NR is off?

About NR: yes, you do have three levels plus OFF. I haven't been able to review the output yet so let me check what I do have when I am at my PC to place a verdict

what I find to be of real use is the touch AF feature which would be instrumental for single point focusing of moving subjects. it would increase productivity and make shooting and composing much easier and faster now. the AF tracking would also be fantastic for action photography.

I was using Tracking AF today (although with the 12-24) and it tracks but its nothing compared to the V1 (which is impressiv) but I would rate the AF as usable, fast enough although I cannot compare it side by side. The AF-S is very fast outdoors especially with the touchAF&shoot but I need to get more used to it first. Its nice that you can control options as well on the touch screen in addition to the iFN and the direct access buttons.

tjobbe's gear list:tjobbe's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow