New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,065Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s
In reply to Jere Landis, Mar 27, 2013

Jere Landis wrote:

I've been a Rebel user for about three years, having used 10D,30D,40D, before that. I went to the Rebel because of size and weight. I've also been using M4/3s for about two years, being sort of taken by the size and mirrorless concept. In fact I have four of them. Since the coming along of new models every nine months or so, the previous models sell really cheap, thus I'm able to have the four. Every now and then, I get out the T2I, and each time I do it feels relaxing and sort of a release. I am still using M4/3s mostly, but can't figure out exactly why, lest it be the smaller size, and smaller bag to carry. If I am serious about the shots I want to take, that they may be enlarged and printed, I'd go for the T2I. With the coming of the new and smaller Rebel, it's tempting to rid myself of all and go for it. I think the only thing holding me back is the size of the lenses. Then again, if I did that I'm afraid I'd miss my EPM1, it's sooo easy to take with you. Not trying to stir up anything here, just random thoughts.

Based on your comment, I think you might find that the 100D is best for your needs.  It seems that the appropriate thing to do is try one out when it is released.  Beyond that, I don't think you are going to get any useful advice.  You are obviously aware of the differences in lenses, size and handling.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow