Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nano princess
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
Whats your favorite lens for group photography
Mar 27, 2013

Hello my awesome fellow photo lovers.  Thank you again for all your help.  Another lovely Question for you.  I dont mean.. What is your most expensive favorite lens to use on your SLT's for group shots.  I mean a good affordable lens.   I would like to make my next purchase.  Right now I use constantly the prime 35 mm lens.  But my subjects are always 1 to 2 peeps. Mostly newborns and childrens.    Now that a few friends want me to help them out with their weddings. No I am not the main photographer.  I refuse and laugh and think shiaaaaaaat I am the chick that might forget to have my card in the camera.. Heck no...

But my friends want me to do my thing as I love to edit in a shabby chic sorta style I seem to be getting known for.  Their main photographers have their own style and their the pros.  I am not.  Remember I have tons to learn.  But my friends asked if I could do some shots for them too during their wedding.  Problem is I can just see it a group in a field.  Me handing them one of my banners to hold. 
Then I hold my 35 mm lens and keep walking backwards to get them all in the shot.  Snap the photo and realize.  OHHHHHHHH look their all in the shot but I cant see their faces.  Ohhhh look I put them all on a couch in a field.  Yeah.. I am the prop queen now if only I could only blink my eyes and know as much about photography as I seem to with artistic propping.. LOL... Once again I snap the photo of about 12 of them all laying in wonderous ways on the couch but backed up to get the shot so the field shows too ... and wooooooooooooooow where did the peeps go.

So I think you may know what I am trying to ask for.   Some kind of lens where I get people in the photo but the photo doesnt look like ya cant see their faces. Is it a wide angle lens I am looking for.  man this is so confusing to me.  What should my next lens purchase be???? group photography photos?

Thank you all so much

Oh lets keep this lens from 200.00 to 700.00 please. One day when I really make money then I can always step it up.  Hugs to all of you

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow