My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum! Locked

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
olivier_777
Contributing MemberPosts: 798Gear list
Re: My thread has been moved to the panasonic forum!
In reply to EricWN, Mar 27, 2013

EricWN wrote:

olivier_777 wrote:

100% wrong moderation.

A forum is not just a brand, it's a community of people who share common interests. We may like to show images to our community because, somehow, they relate to the common interest of the community. If the moderator doesn't understand that he doesn't understand this community.

That is, of course, your take on it. For others, sub-forums are generated to create order, to categorize things.

An open picture posting club is nice for anybody who is interested in that setup, but DPR clearly wants to sort by camera brand.

For those who just want to discuss photos, rather than camera gear, there is a lovely forum called: "samples and galleries" - that's where the rest of the community you mention goes to post.

Well it's my take, but also looking at this thread alone, the position of many (most?) of the regular participants, and it has been my experience with this forum all along. And no, this isn't a forum for random photography; the exceptions to the Leica branding rule are few enough to be welcome by participants, all the more if they come from regulars who also shoot and post Leica stuff - they belong here.

This community may well be different from the rest of DPR, so be it, there's nothing wrong with that and it should be acknowledged by moderators.

olivier_777's gear list:olivier_777's gear list
Leica M8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NeilNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow