Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,931Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a thought...
In reply to pdxflint, Mar 27, 2013

pdxflint wrote:

for all you folks who are bent out of shape because someone repeats themselves in multiple threads, and you feel put out because you don't agree, yet you feel he won't stop expressing his opinion until everyone agrees with him... (is that about right??) here's a suggestion: Try to ignore the threads you don't want to read. Why is that so difficult? There must be hundreds of threads on this forum more to your liking. At least I'd hope so. If you keep coming to the ones that irritate you, and then engage in the usual back and forth BS, you're also part of the whole equation. This entire thread has become silly, but there are a handful of folks participating in the silliness, not just one person. If you think the thread is just trolling, don't take the bait. Especially over and over again. That's what I don't get. Anyway, I'm done. This forum seems to have a very unfriendly vibe to it. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, it's just frankly too unpleasant, or at least it seems that way.

I'll leave you all to your bickering.

Cheers.

In spite of what a few have claimed...

1) This thread is not a duplicate. I said previously that I would add portrait shots.

2) There is nothing terrible about this thread. I'm not bashing any products.

3) I'm posted new sample shots.

4) The folks who are trolling this thread are the SAME ones who trolled the thread I started comparing the Tamron 70-300 to my 70-200 VRII. They're not REALLY upset about any duplicate posts. They simply don't like my observations, which conflict with what they want to believe from other websites. They have actually ignored posters asking why my shots are sharper than those posted on the "professional" websites.

If someone wants to PM me with an e-mail I will send a larger file from the 70-300 VC to examine more closely (because some say they can't judge sharpness otherwise!). Yet when I posted a few shots months ago from the VRII there were all kinds of comments about how sharp they were!

Oops!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow