New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
RaymondR
Senior MemberPosts: 1,761Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s
In reply to Jere Landis, Mar 27, 2013

I'll take you at your word that you are not trying to stir things up.  So my thought in response to yours is that absent a significant revolution in  lens design allowing the cropped sensor Canon lenses to be radically smaller without sacrificing any quality, the gap to which you refer will NEVER be closed.  so I take it you are using the word closing in a relative way -- it used to be a big gap and now it is a modestly smaller gap but still big.  Don't get me wrong, if you want change over, go for it.  But most of us in m4/3 are there for the overall size and weight advantage.  As for which of my cameras I pick when I want to print and enlarge, the only two prints I have ever taken to 16x20 are from my Canon G11, not my Oly PEN or my Nikon DSLR.  Sensor size is not the limiting factor on enlargement -- the quality of the photo is.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Nikon D40 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow