***Weekly Wildlife Thread - Mar 24 - Mar 30***

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,632Gear list
Like?
Re: All from this morning :-) . Really.
In reply to Kriekira, Mar 27, 2013

You've got some diversity for such un-birding conditions!  I'd love it myself, being bound to warm places virtually my whole life - snow is wonderful to me, and I thoroughly enjoy it the few times I get to visit it.  While the global weirdness brings you long strange winters, it brings those of us way down south a complete lack of winter - handful of days in the 50s, and the whole rest of the year at or above 90.  Going on 3 years now since we had a proper, weeks-long cold spell, though this year wasn't quite as bad as last year's 'the winter that never was'.

You're right on the red-bellied woodpecker...except for the lightest brush of pinkish red hue as they get older, they don't really have much in the way of red on their bellies.  Problem is, the name 'red-headed woodpecker' was already taken, and indeed they have a VERY red head...so they had to call that one something else!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow