Question about Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,777
Like?
Re: Question about Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
In reply to pavinder, Mar 27, 2013

I'm on my second trip through m43 land and Panasonic cameras and lenses. Before, I had the 45-175mm and the 100-300mm. I really liked both lenses.

This time I hoped to get away with a 45-150mm for my zoom work. It's a really, really good lens and has the compact M43 "look" that I like. It is basically my every day lens on a G5. However, just around the yard and locally, I felt zoom restricted and knew I would want something longer for Teton/Yellowstone and even kids' baseball. I ordered the 100-300mm and it will be here tomorrow. I like the lens stabilization in zoom lenses. Not sure how the IBIS looks through the EVF, but the view through the EVF with my Sony with IS and long unstabilized lenses is pretty shaky. Results are good, however.

I shopped eBay and was surprised that used 100-300mm lens sell, on average, for about $440. It seemed a no brainer to buy one for $499 at Adorama. Just like renting, I suppose.

You'll like the lens, especially the "look" through the EVF at long zoom.

Jack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow