The X100s is far a better camera than the X100, but...

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
aleS.
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Re: The X100s is far a better camera than the X100, but...
In reply to lorene088, Mar 27, 2013

lorene088 wrote:

I would like to thank everybody, who brought up the "I don't know what" issue. I can see this certain something in X100 images too and it's important to me to have it. More important, in fact, than strictly technical improvements, such as low-light performance, AF, and others. I don't own an X100 (yet), and I've been waiting for this exact info before I could decide whether I should buy an X100 or an X100s. Now I know. I'm going with the original X100. I have more than enough cameras to satisfy my needs in resolution, high ISO, etc., and frankly, I'm not interested in that stuff anymore. All I care about these days is that certain "I don't know what" in my photographs. I have it when I shoot film. I also have it in some older digital cameras I own. The X100 will fit nicely in my collection with its own special image look. Good thread, good stuff. Thanks.

I think you are doing the right thing. I'd do the same but the thing is that my X100 killed all my other cameras. I never went back to any of my dslrs. So, since it's the ONLY camera that I use I can see how many pictures I loose because of its lack of speed, etc. I never cared till now that I found I could get a lot more pictures of my kids which is important to me.

I'm flying today to NYC. And going to take the X100s to an experience I already had with the X100.

I'll decide after that.

If I see that I have something worth of it, I'll post examples from both trips.

Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow