Flat view
tjobbe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362Gear list
Like?
First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)
Mar 27, 2013

So, the NX300 is here and unpacked and first shots made

Quick first impression:

-> handling of the new body is an improved compared to the NX200/NX210 as you can hold it more comfortably.

-> The battery of the NX200 works in the NX300 having same size, but the external NX200 charger does not work with the BP1130

-> The touch screen feels responsive and the touch AF is nice to work with, and it at least seems to be fast with the 18-55

-> the 18-55 although being Version III as the one that came with the NX20 is the first OiS Kit where I do not have that resistance on the zoom ring at 40mm focal length.

-> the ISO6400 OOC JPEG  shots with low Noise reduction setup in the FW look usable on the OLED Screen, but I haven't loaded them to my PC. At least the first impression in IQ is solid

-> Performance seems to be better, no huge delay, no "processing" although the preview image is staying on for a short while before you can reuse it after the 8fps

-> Raw file size is 27MB per image !!!!!

More to come

EDIT: the OS running on the NX300 seems to be some LINUX version as it displays some license terms for OpenSource so its most likely Tizen running on it as suspected.

tjobbe's gear list:tjobbe's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +19 more
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow