New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,141Gear list
Like?
I think this is more an advantage for those with canon lens...
In reply to Jere Landis, Mar 27, 2013

This seems like travel body canon users vs a revolutionary design or upgrade to me.  If I had dated canon body and a good lens assortment this would be a nice addition.  If I wanted a street shooting body to go with my primes maybe, but no weather sealing unless I missed the spec's.

not a game changer, if anything the comment that someone made regarding the GH3 closing the gap to the larger DSLR is more spot on from a controls and ergonomics stand point the GH3 is a real threat to any existing DSLR.  And for the form factor and size advantage the OMD is still the quintessential m4/3 with an EVF.

Once the already spectacular lens assortment is complimented within m4/3 I see less an less of an argument about one system vs another and the images coming out of m4/3 are nothing short of spectacular.  Maybe the advent of the images is that the tools are able to now support the veteran photographers and their wealth of skills and those that were early adopters of the system are actually taking the time to learn the system and more importantly photography.

too long of a reply sorry.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow