Utah highlights

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,513Gear list
Like?
Yes Sir!
In reply to PBasepeterb, Mar 27, 2013

That would have to be a premo campsite judging from your images.

My wife and I love to camp out. When our kids were young we did a lot of tent camping. Now that they are grown and gone, we have a very nice Coleman pop-up that we bought back in 2000 -- we took that pop-up to Zion some years back:-)

There are some parks that have some unique and very inviting campsites -- looks like you found one.

Here, near Austin, there is a state park called 'Enchanted Rock' (A few older photos are below). They only allow tent camping and primative (areas you have to hike to) camping, and it is near impossible to reserve a tent campsite due to popularity. I've camped there a couple times over the years and most of the campsites are pretty amazing as they are all along the base of the two large granite domes, are spaced fairly far apart, and are very well shaded.

This is a reminder that I need to make a day trip out there soon to get some new images --- as well as some great hiking in!

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

For size perspective, those are full sized oak trees on top of the dome!

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow