ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikew5163
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Would you buy a X100 now?
Mar 27, 2013

Hi,

The Fuji X100 can be had new for £549 at the moment from several reputable UK suppliers - about half the price of the X100s.  I'm still on the lookout for a truly compact camera with a decent sensor.  I have the NEX-7 but even with the 16-50 PZ lens it still doesn't feel all that compact, whereas my impression of the X100 is that the shallowness of it does make it compact (even though it's about the same size as the NEX otherwise).  I've ruled out the Panasonic GX1, Nikon A, Sony RX100 due to lack of viewfinder.

Just wondering whether people who own the X100 would buy one now at this price point, knowing that the X100s is available.  Interestingly I see used X100 cameras going for the same price on eBay - what's that all about?! Hopefully it suggests that if I did get one it would hold its value reasonably well.

Thanks.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow