We really have a very good lenses choice. Agree ?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
KenBalbari
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: We really have a very good lenses choice. Agree ?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Mar 27, 2013

Yup.  The important thing for me is if they have the lenses I want.  The few things that had me tempted, on my limited budget:

1. The reasonable quality of the inexpensive kit zooms, including that 40-150 that sometimes can be had as low as $99.

2. The recently introduced Sigma DN lenses (also available for NEX), f2.8 primes in 19mm, 30mm, and 60mm.

3. The Olympus 45 f/1.8 for under $500; this is the one lens I think I will have to own.  Quality portrait lens with nice rendering.

4. The Lumix 14 f2.5 and 20 f/1.7 and Leica 25 f/1.4, also under $500.  Not yet sure I'll buy one of these, but nice to know they are there.

5.  The small 14-140 & 14-150 superzooms.  I probably won't spring for one of these, but it is tempting as a possible replacement for the kit lenses.

It will be nice to see if they add another higher grade standard zoom, just so there's an upgrade path if I do want more than those kit zooms down the road.  There should be something between them and the 12-35.

In short, without breaking the budget, it looks like I'll be able to put together a versatile set of  one or two zooms covering a good range, and then a few quality fast primes for natural light or narrow depth of field.

KenBalbari's gear list:KenBalbari's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus E-330 Olympus PEN E-PL2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow