Fuji XE1 versus Nex 6 image quality

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,556Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XE1 versus Nex 6 image quality
In reply to Emacs23, Mar 27, 2013

You think so?  They were both shot under identical circumstances except the Fuji was autofocus and the Nex used manual focus with focus peaking with the Samyang but autofocus with the 16-50 (it was quite a bit less sharp and more like you may be expecting).

I have used my XE1 now since Christmas and it is relatively sharpish but not as much as I expected. But then my other camera is a Nikon D800E. Now that is sharp and leaves them both behind. But with a nice lens the gap is considerably narrower such as the Fuji 35mm F1.4 which is a super lens.

I think the focus should be more on what lens you use with your Nex and less on Nex is less sharp than Fuji. Fuji's strength is more the white balance and jpeg engine which is divine not so much sharpness although it is qutie sharp. My Sony RX100 outresolves the XE1 with 18-55 kit lens. I've tested them same way - same scene, shot the same time. RX100 was sharper but not sharper than Fuji 35mm which is in a very high league.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow