best photo manager app for iOS...

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brandon birder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,551
Like?
Re: best photo manager app for iOS...
In reply to Roland Schulz, Mar 27, 2013

Roland Schulz wrote:

Ok, first I know this is not the "right" forum, so please keep your comments for this with you.
I feel allowed to post this here since this is a frequented pro forum with people earning money with their photos, showing them to clients, maybe with the very fine 3MP Retina display of an iPad3/4 or even iPhone4/5.

I´m looking for an app that takes my files from my computer to show them around with my iPad3. I don´t like any clouds, servers or accounts, want to take my files offline with me on the device. Transfer is preferred via iTunes, app file transfer mode.
I want an app that shows the native resolution of the file, no prerendered proxy files.
I already tried several apps, but none meets my demands perfectly:

* Files Pro from Olive Toast Software
Best for me up to now, but no real photo manager app.
+ shows native resolution of files
+ quite fast
- no metadata displaying
- no 5 star voting system
- no Google Maps display of GPS data
- thumbnail tiling mode without filename display

* Photo Manager Pro by Linkus
+ nice design
+ quite fast
+ "Geotagging"
+ useable EXIF display
+ thumbnails with filenames
+ 5 star voting system
- no native resolution display, even not with "Reduce Photo Size" switch disabled
- displaying quality inferior to files pro, even in full image view
- looks like using proxy files (JPEG artifacts in zoom that are not from the native file)

* myPhoto by tyworld
some goods but also bads from the others, no native resolution displaying, somewhat buggy and slower, often crashes...

some others that I don´t remember since I only wasted money and time.

What is your prefered photo manager app that also meets my demands from above best?
Thanks and regards,
Roland.

I guess this why the Macbook Pro and Air  do so well.

Seriously though. I gave up a Windows PC and photoshop and bought a top of the line 13"MacBook Pro and Aperture so that the place I did my work was the same place I could take with me anywhere. No resolution, metadata or file transfer issues at all. And an added bonus for me is seemless synching with my iOS devices for family viewing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow