ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yyahalla
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
X10 Vignetting
Mar 27, 2013

Hi,
I have my X10 for approximately 3 weeks now and so far I'm really enjoying it. There is one thing though that bugs me a little.
I first recognised it when I took some indoor pics at bad light that there is some very disturbing vignetting. Especially in the upper left corner when shooting in upright position. It gets better with wider appertures and is gone completely at approximately f/5.
When I google though most ppl claim that they have no vignetting even at wide appertures.
What are your experiances with the x10's vignetting?
Here are some sample pics:
(btw I am pretty much a beginner so the vignetting thing could also be due to my lack of skill i guess)

F/2 1/80 ISO800

F3.2 1/15 ISO400

F/4 1/15 ISO640

F/5 1/15 ISO500

F/6.4 1/8 ISO800

F/8 1/5 ISO800

Here are some outdoor pics where it bothers me. Maybe you tell me what i did wrong here?

F/5.6 1/550 ISO100

The one above especially bugs me because it shows vignetting even with an apperture of f5.6...

f3.2 1/1000 iso200

f2.5 1/240 ISO 100

Vignetting doesnt show up on every shot so i guess its probably my fault. I don't use any filters or whatsoever on my lens and don't have my hand (or parts of it) in front or to the side of the lens.
Furthermore i almost never notice any vignetting at landscape format (with maybe 1-2 indoor exeptions).
Looking forward to your answers.
Best regards
Gerald

Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow