We really have a very good lenses choice. Agree ?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: We really have a very good lenses choice. Is it important? :)
In reply to amalric, Mar 27, 2013

amalric wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I go sometimes to Micro Four Thirds official site.

Today I was admiring the lenses pages.

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/lense.html

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/lens_chart.html

I love lenses, It was my first fascination when I was a kid, to look trough the lenses from my father cameras. Then I started to do Photography and until now is my main fascination, I like very much cameras but lenses have something magic, and they are a better investment.

Well, that's your fetish then. Objectively to me this settles the question in regards to Fuji and NEX.

Yes it is, I love to see the well polished glass shining.

People also forget that the same lenses give a better performance with m4/3 bodies, and that's an important aspect.

True.

However you forget, the third one. FF. There are clearly people more moneyed than others who feel the itch of sidetracking entirely the wealth of m4/3 and go FF, either conventional or mirrorless.

I predict the attraction of a Canon 52 Mpx will be irresistible. It might also be that most will buy a body and a couple of lenses, forget about it and then look for a new way to spend their money.

Will you be able to resist?

Of course I will resist, I have not bought a Nikon D800 with 36 megapixels.

If I had that money to spare I rather buy one or two lenses that I like.

Wanting to have the full range of lenses of a system is of course the next madness, because you'll never make use of all of them. So one settles for the best of them, perhaps a dozen or more - and yet doesn't USE most. That shows the nature of greed: aiming to impossible things.

Yes, but I only have now 4 lenses and they please me, and they are enough, I have resisted to buy a macro lens but that one I have to get in the future.

I really admire those who go on with a couple of lenses, and a body. HCB was one of these, but then he used his camera for work - a battered Leica.

I have the same admiration. Don't know if Ansel Adams that is one of my favorites photographers like Henry is, had a lot of lenses.

Its resolution today wouldn't stand a chance against a m4/3 body, and good lenses are part of the equation. Holes in the lineup however make me smile.

We really live in the times of multiformat ownership.

Again true.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow