Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Horshack
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,813
Like?
Re: Color shift is more troubling
In reply to mosswings, Mar 27, 2013

mosswings wrote:

Horshack wrote:

I've been meaning to post my results but haven't gotten around to it. The banding is correctable but the color shifts on the D7100 shadows when pushed are not, at least not easily. theSuede says it's the result of of the green channel having to be pulled up a few ADUs above the other channels, whereas the Sony sensor doesn't have that problem.

Horshack, can you provide a link to theSuede's posting?  I can't seem to find his username in the forums, only your references to it.  I'm curious as to why this green pull was necessary.  It sounds like this is an amplitude=dependent RAW cook, but what I don't understand is why it doesn't cause an overall green color cast.  Perhaps that earlier posting about "green shadows" was on to something?

Sure, his post is here. It's specific to the shadows and Nikon's black clipping, which according to theSuede has to be perfect across the channels to avoid color casts in the deep shadows.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow