Warning. Honest.

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 453Gear list
Like?
Re: Warning. Honest.
In reply to rmiller85, Mar 27, 2013

rmiller85 wrote:

I just recently started using AWS Glacier for super cheap cloud storage (1 cent / GB / month). There are several clients available that make backing up to the service completely handsoff (incremental backups like Time Machine). I haven't found cheaper storage anywhere. The downside is that it is an archival tier of storage, so you will pay to get your data back (5% of your data can be downloaded for free each day, after that you'll pay an additional 1 cent / GB).

-Rick

Rick, which client do you use for AWS?  Fast glacier?

I have my data backed up on an external HD (WD Black) and a Synology NAS.  A couple days ago the external HD failed.  It's pretty new and WDs high-end longer-warranted model.  I was pretty nervous until I got a second backup again, took over a day to get the approx 700 GB backed up again.  Think I need to go to cloud-based.  I've been thinking about doing it for a while and AWS sounds pretty good.  Just wondering what client you use.

regards, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow