Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
cptrios
Senior MemberPosts: 1,347
Like?
Re: NEX 6 - I could kick myself!
In reply to JPG, Mar 27, 2013

JPG wrote:

lmtfa wrote:

I just new I and anyone who bought the 6 should have waited for the review to warn us of this crappy camera. I thought I was having fun, looking at colorful almost noise free images. My fingers lied to me, they told me I was changing settings with ease but no I was supposed to go through the menu's instead of that pesky Fn button that have the majority of the settings I use.  All this time has gone by without pressing that video button by accident, those two guys were right I did miss having that button ruin a shot or my being able to scratch the inside of my thumb, it tickled. The touch screen, now there's a major deal breaker. I mean, I missed my big fat oily finger prints on that screen, you know the nostalgia, remembering how a screen looked at Best Buy. Throw in Wi-Fi and a couple of bucks for apps let alone there will not be an upgraded 6 for quite awhile, no rumors of a 6fu is darn depressing. Thanks you two silly heads for the bad news, as soon as I get off the toilet seat I'm chucking that piece of junk.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

What????? I hope you are trying to be silly.  In Steve Huff's review, he thought the NEX-6 was better then the 7.  I was long waiting for dpreview of the 6 as well, not because I wanted one but because of the 16-50mm. kit lens.  I just decided it is not worth the $350.00 and am not getting it.

What I was missing on the NEX-7 was an actual mode dial, which the 6 has.  Since I am using Manual most of the time, I kept forgetting where the virtual mode dial is.  Now, with more use, I'm getting that problem straightened out and liking the 7 even more.

By the way, Steve Huff has reviewed the Fuji X-100s.  Now there's a camera that looks like a camera.

If you're using manual most of the time, wouldn't you vastly prefer the 7 over the 6? Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO (or EC) all at the touch of a wheel...that's worth much more than a mode dial to me.

And yeah, the Fuji X cameras do it right...no modes at all, just "auto" options for each major setting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow