Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally...Tamron beats Nikon
In reply to Ecniv, Mar 26, 2013

Ecniv wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

JakeB wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

JakeB wrote:

Thought it was a professional test.

Nope, just one more punter with an opinion.

Actually, an opinion would be my position if I had no samples to substantiate my view.

Professional reviews are fun and a good way to START a search for new gear, but actually using a lens or camera or lens is the only way to know if it will meet your needs and criteria.

Cheers,

Robert

What DOESN'T tell you anything is some punter posting a couple of close-up photos, then reposting those same photos every time someone challenges his claims.

"Finally... Tamron beats Nikon" and a couple of pics.

Thanks for the thorough testing at a full range of apertures, focal lengths, and subject distances; really helpful.

Please include your name in future thread titles so I'll know to ignore.

You seem like a angry guy!

I posted photos at various focal lengths, at close ranges and then far. You can find those shots easily. I generally shot wide open. I'm not sure if people want to see the lens stopped down.

There's nothing different from my samples from the many posted by others, except I tend to shoot people more than charts and box labels, but if you want to see such comparisons...

I just don't think shots like this, which I did initially when performing a AF tune for the Tamron, is the best way to judge a lens. I'd much rather see a good sharp headshot to see how a lens renders.

Robert

You are an absolute joke! On one hand you tell people not pay attention to review sites because you have to test a lens yourself to see if it meets your needs. Yet you don't heed your own advice, but give your review as if you are now the reviewer everybody should listen to. You can take your samples and shove them up your ars because just as you say, they don't have any more merit then the reviews sites you ostracize.

It seems to me that you only want to have a fight.

I'm not telling you to accept my samples as proof of anything. I'm only suggesting that you doubt ANY source until you test a lens for yourself and posted samples with that thought in mind.

I read reviews of this lens. The reviews were mixed. I saw samples. The samples seemed to contradict the website reviews, but not all of them. Some said the Nikon was sharper and quite a few said the Tamron was better. Who was right?

So I ordered one and found out for myself. Since this is a forum about gear I posted my findings and samples, which MIGHT cast doubt on some other reviews unless you don't care to believe your own eyes. With that said, by all means ALWAYS test for yourself.

Exactly what effect you hope your unfriendly attitude will bring is anybody's guess. But I have no interest in getting into a flame war because you don't want people to have an opinion in a gear forum.

Cheers,

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow