Started Mar 26, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Momo13Drums
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
RX100 or NEX for my needs?
Mar 26, 2013

Hey everyone. I'm not a professional by any means, just a hobbyist (if that, even.) My last camera was a Sony W80 and after that I mainly use my iPhone 4S. I used a Nikon 3100 for a while in a college course and really enjoyed it, though. If that gives you any idea, lol.

Anyway, I'm looking for a camera for some specific things. I feel like either the RX100 or NEX would suit what I'm looking for. For the NEX, I've been interested in the 5R.

I'm a musician by profession and I'd like to use it for these things first and foremost-

Work:

-Audition videos, sample videos, press kit pictures and videos

-Drum cover videos and pre-recorded drum lessons (filmed in my studio. light is low, but I will be adding lights for filming.)

-Live show recordings. I would like to set it up on a tripod behind me or wherever and record shows. Sometimes, the light is fantastic. Other times the lighting can be very dark and dim.

-Video logs wherever I am

Personal:

-High quality pictures and video of things such as concerts, costumes (comic conventions and such), city events, travel photography, holidays, family and nature.

-Some instructional videos. Possibly some driving videos.

OK, so onto the details-

I'm not really interested in a full sized DSLR just because of the sheer size of it to carry around everywhere. $650~ is basically my limit. I really don't want to spend more than that. The compactness of the RX100 is very appealing because I could take it everywhere. The NEX appeals to me because of the larger sensor. Is the RX100 smalll enough to sneak into a stadium concert?

Which will yield better video quality? Especially for capturing fast motion drumming? Audio is not a concern as I will be using my recording studio, or my handheld when I'm out if I really want to.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow