Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
String
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to papillon_65, Mar 26, 2013

papillon_65 wrote:

String wrote:

Not in the least to be honest for a variety of reasons.

Sure, you can put together a "fairly" light kit using any DSLR however you much more versatility with m43. I don't want to lug a big body, lens and tripod around anymore. Ever.

The most versatile kit you can use is a decent bridge camera but that kind of talk can get you shot around here

Now if I was shooting all day in a studio, it might be a differnt answer but I'm not so enough said.

I really hate how the current higher end DSLR's seem to have forgot their roots and just keep getting bigger and heavier. I loved the original OM series and Olympus has gotten back to its roots; they made photography fun again (at least for me!) with a small and very capable system.

Now with all that being said, what does tempt me is buying into a Leica rangefinder system.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

No problem Tony, I have so many bullet holes in me a few more wont hurt!  

My biggest issue with going back to FF is age... too many birthdays! Not to mention my chiropractic bill is almost as much as my kids university bill!

And... all the last vacations I've been on the only people I see carrying the "big" DSLR's are the complete middle aged geeks/nerds... I am NOT a geek (my wife would argue that point!).

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow