D800 and E-M5, can you tell the difference?

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
SMPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 986
Like?
good post
In reply to EarthQuake, Mar 26, 2013

Honestly for this sort of shooting, ie: studio lighting at low ISO's with a small aperture, pretty much any semi-decent camera will do. Hell you could probably take an awesome photo with an Iphone with this sort of setup. So the differences between these two cameras aren't really going to be that apparent.

Very knowledgeable post, and correct. Controlled situations like this with close subjects, studio lighting, low ISOs, ideal apertures, tripod, etc., really make most any camera shine. My original Canon 10D when I started moving from 120 film to digital could make wonderful images under these conditions that would probably look similar to these. You can't look at my website, or even 12x18 images on my wall shot with it, or the Fuji S5 Pro that followed it and not tell they weren't from my D800. That said, try ISO 1600 in low natural light with a half a stop of unintended under exposure with the old 10D and suddenly things are a VERY different picture, so to speak.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
ehhhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow