Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,030Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to RichRMA, Mar 26, 2013

RichRMA wrote:

I would seriously consider comparing a FF Canon and the 17-40L to a m4/3rds camera and the 7-14mm. If the 17-40L can even come close to the quality you'll get from the 7-14mm, I'd be very surprised. What good is FF is the image starts to blur less than 1/2 way out from the centre? The 3:2 format is very unforgiving of lenses with poor edge definition, hence part of the reason for all the cropping we see when using that format.

I already have done but consider this, I own the 7-14mm and it's not razor sharp from edge to edge either, it also has a purple blotching problem which isn't great and happens pretty often in my experience. I've seen enough from the 17-40 to know I can get decent results from it. There is a wealth of evidence on Flickr to demonstrate it can be a decent performer. The 7-14mm is no magic bullet just like the 17-40 isn't.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow