Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Philip Corlis
Contributing MemberPosts: 803
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?
In reply to DRode, Mar 26, 2013

There is so much more to any lens than its raw resolving power. Optical design, lens coatings, internal light suppression and so much more add up to any lenses total character. Beyond resolving power one should also consider the way the focused portions of the image rolls off into the Bokeh and of course the Bokeh itself. Along with that the microcontrast, and the color rendition add to a lenses character. I'm sure real lens experts could expand greatly on this list. I can only speak from my experience as a photographer.

Lets face it - there are plenty of well designed lenses out there, but only a handful can honesty command top dollar with plenty of people willing to stand in line to get their hands on a copy. They have names like Zeiss, Schneider, Leica, Zuko, and well... you get the idea.

If you really think there is no difference, I suspect you've never actually shot any of the truly great glass out there.

-- hide signature --

Phil
www.PhilCorlis.com
www.FindingBritain.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow