Copying EXIF 'date taken' to Windows file name

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Heinrich Schulz
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Re: Copying EXIF 'date taken' to Windows file name
In reply to Paul Barrett, Mar 26, 2013

Based on your file output it seems as if 1) there might not be EXIF info in the files, or 2) the EXIF is not read for some reason.

1) Try to see if the EXIF date actually exist in the files (you can view it in Irfanview from the Image Menu->Information->Exif Info button-> DateTimeOriginal field)

Viewing EXIF info in Irfanview

, or

2a) make sure you use the latest version of Irfanview with all the EXIF related plugins installed (EXIF plugin is required!),

2b) make sure you use the exact correct name pattern without any spaces or special characters (see the irfanview help file for specific details - HELP button on the batch rename settings dialog window). I use the pattern $E36867_$E272_$F to rename to the Original date ($E36867) and Camera model name ($E272) and original file name with extension ($F) - and using the "Replace text" option to replace the : from the date format with _ underscores. It works perfectly every time.

My Irfanview batch rename settings

You can also use the "run test rename" option to see what the output for your selection might look like.

I suspect your problem might be related to not having the EXIF plugin installed in Irfanview...

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow