Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,681Gear list
Like?
Re: Make sure to test it
In reply to bowportes, Mar 26, 2013

bowportes wrote:

Vlad S wrote:

Go ahead with the rules suggested above, but try to test it for your typical scenes. In the past we had threads with test images, and everyone saw what they wanted to see. I think this indicates that the difference is not that big, but everybody has their own criteria what's important and what's not. At any rate, I would encourage you to do your own tests, with your own style of processing, rather than take anyone's word for it.

Vlad

Vlad, I don't know whether the "testing" you are referring to is specific to the question of raising ISO beyond base, or if it refers to the entire idea of going for "full exposure". ??

I don't know anyone disagrees with maximum light on the sensor (within constraints of DOF and motion blur), so ISO testing is more important, but why not test everything?

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow