Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ScottD1964
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: Hey Y'all!
In reply to Zack Arias, Mar 26, 2013

Zack Arias wrote:

Thanks for the links and all that.

From here and from some other forums I can tell that I didn't quite get my point across about Fuji being the new Leica. Not as clearly as I would like to get it across.

I'm in the middle of a project right now but next week I'm going to do a follow up that spells out my opinion. I'm sure *some* here will still take a crack at me and call me a hack and all that. That's fine. I'm no saint. That's for sure. Think what you may. Too bad I'm not a smart lady! Right Zvonimir?

Anyway. Hope y'all are well!

Cheers,
Zack Arias
Atlanta, GA

Zack,

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy "real full time photographer" schedule to drop by.  There are plenty of us who "get" what you were referring to in your statement.  And yes, you're right.  This X100s is the camera that Daniel Craig would carry as James Bond where Sean Connery would have carried a Leica.  Fuji gets it.  I've said in a prior thread that this camera appeals to people for the same reason that the new Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang appeal to people.  High tech in a retro cool package.

Scott

ScottD1964's gear list:ScottD1964's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow