mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,862Gear list
Like?
Re: Not bad then
In reply to AngryCorgi, Mar 26, 2013

AngryCorgi wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

AngryCorgi wrote:

I think the 4EV push is the first example where the horizontal banding is evident in the reduced resolution samples on that blog.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

4 EV. That would be way better than people first thought.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Yes. I do recall some people initially saying it showed up in as little as 2EV pushes, but I think for the most part that's been dispelled. Or at least I would hope that it has been.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

It was somewhere between 2-3EV when you had A-DL engaged at maximum in really high dynamic scenes and tried to push shadows off of JPGs which were the only things available at the time.  The latest RAWs don't really show it until you get really deep shadows pushed quite heavily. Pushing shadows in a scene that's already been pushed is double jeopardy.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow