This thread is locked.
En Trance
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Re: We are luminous beings...
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Mar 26, 2013

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Pedagydusz wrote:

mike703 wrote:

Hint: your model (or whatever) is not a 'source'. She reflects light from somewhere else; she doesn't emit her own.

You don't know that. May be his models are luminous!

LOL!

Seriously, I frequently work with luminous models. (Even taught it. Among the hundreds of lectures and classes I've given is a series of blacklight bodypainting workshops).

Once the object has been illuminated, that's it, it's now a light source in its own right. double the distance, and the radiance at the observer point is quartered (inverse square law, which the OP missuses) but the area is also quartered, with a net constant intensity per unit area.

Really, if the OP's "logic" held, macrophotography and microscopy would be essentially impossible, because the subjects, shot from fractions of inches, would be too bright.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

JOE, seems that you are the ring leader of the confused.

Intensity of any light source is inversly proportional to the distance from the light source or the reflector.

You won't discuss this FACT because it would reveal to your booty boys that you do not have a clue.

I have enough technical training in this area. Sorry that you don't.

And who ever wrote that crap above, the model's or subject's area is constant, as is the sensor area.

En Trance's gear list:En Trance's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 550D Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow