DP1 Merrill / DP2 Merrill / DP3 Merill - what are the differences

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Questions thread
HBowman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,180
Like?
Re: The lenses. Claims of colour differences...
In reply to vbd70, Mar 26, 2013

vbd70 wrote:

...haven't been substantiated by anyone besides the somehow excited reviewer on Luminous Landscape. When a new camera comes out, people is prone to see what they want to see rather than what is in fact there; it is possible that lens coating is different on the DP3, or that Sigma changed something in the FW of the DP3, but as far as the hardware there isn't any proof that - besides the lenses - anything has been changed between the DP1, DP2 and DP3 Merrill. Besides, the LL reviewer aside many other claims that there isn't any difference between the two camera's insides and processing.

I have reviewed the DP1 / DP2 HERE and will review the DP3 very soon (it should get in my hands Thursday). There is a poll on my blog about which high-end compact to review next, take a second to vote for your preferred camera HERE .

Best,

Vieri

Are you conscious I'm the author of this report on Luminous Landscape and I'm here on this forum ?? 

First, I did this report for sharing not to grab any money or traffic on my website. Secondly I'm not or was "excited" by the DP3m as I own many brands from the D800 to the Leica S2.

In fact, the DP3m do not render like the DP2m (I was one of the first possessor of this device in my country) and the SD1m.

Beside my report, who is not a review, some others objective users noticed this change on this thread :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3400500

It can be the lenses but I doubt just because of skin tones.

The one who say that skin tones out of the DP2m are good is just blind and never worked with any pro agency or professional models such as Elite or Ford or IMG.

But, skin tones out of the DP3m are just, without any pp. So, in my world, colour mode as changed. Vivid mode is usable in many situations also. This is not the case with the DP2m.

But you can continue the polemic to grab more ppl on your whatever blog or review ... I do not care. I'm happy with this tool, who is at a color justice level, better than the DP2m (I would have kept the DP2m other wise ...).

Forums are surreal.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow