Red River Metallic Paper is Amazing

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
soloryb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,339Gear list
Like?
Re: On sale
In reply to John Crawley, Mar 26, 2013

John Crawley wrote:

Red River rep was in the camera store the other day and suggested that dye inks work better with their metallic than pigments right now. They are working on one that will work well with pigments. Should be out soon. some other brands may already have them, I just do not know about them.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

Thanks for that info re RR Metallic.

I was going to order a 100' roll of it after getting some fantastic results with several large test prints from a 3880. Your post prompted me to call RR tech and ask. They told me their metallic paper prints worked well on both pigment and dye printers and wouldn't say which produced the best results. They also denied that they are working on an improved variety designed specifically for pigment inks. At this point, I'm going to wait and see a little longer before committing to a roll of the stuff, since the RR rep that you spoke of may have it right.

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow