Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
beachbumdave
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Best Hard Drive Option for new MacMini
Mar 26, 2013

I will purchase a new Mac Mini with i7 processor for my Lightroom and Photoshop work.  My question is which is the best hard drive option given what Apple sells and what I could put together from MacSales.

Apple sells the i7 MacMini with 1T hard drive, 1T fusion drive, or 256GB SSD. Am I better off with a Fusion drive or buying the MacMini with 256G SSd and put the data on an external hard drive? My data files are getting pretty large since I bought the Nikon D800.  The advantage of buying the 256SSD from Apple and using an external hard drive are that (1) I get a 256GB SSD instead of the 128 GB SSD which is in the Fusion Drive and (2) I could get a 7200 RPM hard disk drive instead of the 5400 RPM hard disk drive that is part of the Fusion Drive. I'm not sure how important these details are for my Photoshop and Lightroom work?

There are probably an infinite number of possibilities with external drives and internal drives using the MacSales data doubler. Any advice appreciated.

David

Nikon D800 Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow