Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
En Trance
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Re: Wild hyperbole, perhaps?
In reply to Barrie Davis, Mar 26, 2013

Barrie Davis wrote:

En Trance wrote:

You pretend to know what gigantic is and perspective. Let me clue you in. AT TWO STEPS AWAY, 300mm IS G I N O R M O U S ! This is what my query is about. This is not a forum for you to spit out all of your amatuer hour theories and waste everyones time answering the question that you want to talk about.

Let me answer some of your stupidity:

1. None of your business what wide angle lense I purchased. It is not relevant to this post.

2. Perspective is one of your words, not a part of my query. Argue with your self. Actually the question does not involve my photography in any way, but that of people using 300mm zooms in close quarters, which I do not do.

3. Wide Angle Lenses enable full body shots in close quarters. Yes, I have been in hotel rooms that are so small that it is impossible to get a 6'-3" model framed as my back is against the wall. Wide Angle is a good answer. And for your information, this is not a forum about renting big hotel rooms.

4. Low Light Capability is strickly enhanced with wide angles and close proximity to the subjects. As in 3 above, wide angles allow me to get closer to the subject and maintain a reasonble frame. Pure Physics dictates that this enhances the amount of light reflected into my lense as intensity is an inverse function of distance from the source. Increasing distance diminishes light intensity. What a damned fool perspective you have.

Ha Ha Ha! That's the most misunderstood piece of "physics" I have read since I was...

.... an itty-bitty little kiddie!

What a scream! Certainly one of the best EVER "joke" postings, eh, Joe!

(This one is bookmarked!)

5. All of your crap about framing and 4 ft away, 8-10 ft. Try this one. The model will shoot you if you don't get her hair and shoes. Again, my word about 4 ft is about the capability of the wide angle lense and not a rule for taking shots. If you were trying to answer my question you would have known that.

6. And for your last burst of stupidity, No I do not know what the Photographer is shooting his 300mm zoom at. And when it comes down to it, neither do you. All of your talk about 20 ft away, 6 paces is therefor utter ignorance. Chew on this: If he is shooting his 300mm at 50mm, then maybe he is 2 paces away! The question is WHY ARE SOME PROS USING 300mm LENSES IN CLOSE QUARTERS. THE QUESTION WAS NOT >>> WHY ARE SOME PROS LENSES STUCK AT 300mm? Like your brain is stuck on stupid.

7. First read the OPs question, then answer the OPs question. If you can't do that, move along.

8. By the way, you are pollution.....

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

You really don't want to challenge me on physics, idiot!

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow