Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 19,786Gear list
Like?
Re: Food for thought - FF vs M4/3's cost
In reply to Pelagic, Mar 26, 2013

Pelagic wrote:

Tony,

I just read this very interesting thread and I have zero input on the charateristics of any of the alternatives.

I will, from the advantage of reading it all in one go, offer an observation.

It's very clear you want to try FF. Therefore, do it. This is a hobby for you and you do it for fun. Other points of view, or the detailed merits of the alternatives, really don't matter. Do it. You are thinking too much when your heart has already made a decision.

I came to mft from the other direction so FF has no alure for me. But I kept my Nikon glass until I was sure mft was really for me. When I decided I wasn't a two system guy I sold everything.

I agree with the suggestion that you try used equipment where you can investigate and go back at very little cost. I did that when I first tried mft.

I don't know your €€€ situation but I'd sell just the mft body and keep the glass. That will help pay for the FF, and protect your path back to mft or a two system kit. (buying a used EM5 when the new version comes out will be cheap.)

-- hide signature --

ted
::::;;;;

Hi Ted, thanks for your thoughts, I've pretty much done exactly as you suggested except I have plumped for the 5DII and 24-105mm and it's sitting here in my hands. I've kept back my 40-150mm and 45mm F1.8 lenses and we'll see how it pans out. I have to say that the shutter on the Canon isn't exactly discrete but I'll get over it :-). The focusing on the Canon also seems fine to me, heard a lot of bad things about it but it seems very quick and accurate so far.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow