Red River Metallic Paper is Amazing

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
soloryb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371Gear list
Like?
Re: It's K3 compatible...
In reply to TonyGamble, Mar 26, 2013

TonyGamble wrote:

This thread has prompted me to get a sample of Breathing Color Vibrance Metallic and it is supposed to work in an OEM ink 3880.

http://breathingcoloruk.com/bc/catalog/product_info.php/vibrance-metallic-p-84

I'll let you know how it performs. Should arrive tomorrow.

Red River is not available in the UK - and if the Breathing Color works it makes importing the RR a non starter.

Tony

I have BC Vibrance Metallic on order and have tried the RR , InkPress, and Proline metallics. So far I've downloaded and installed the 3880 profile (from BC) and just did a quick comparison in LR between the BC profile and the RR Polar Pearl Metallic 3880 profile. I could see no difference in the soft-proof, at least. I then called BC and spoke to a tech who told me that the two papers are very similar. He claimed - of course - that I will like the BC Vibrance Metallic better. Once the stuff comes in, I'll do a side-by-side and post my impressions.

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow