Red River Metallic Paper is Amazing

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,922Gear list
Re: It's K3 compatible...
In reply to TonyGamble, Mar 26, 2013

TonyGamble wrote:

This thread has prompted me to get a sample of Breathing Color Vibrance Metallic and it is supposed to work in an OEM ink 3880.

I'll let you know how it performs. Should arrive tomorrow.

Red River is not available in the UK - and if the Breathing Color works it makes importing the RR a non starter.

I have BC Vibrance Metallic on order and have tried the RR , InkPress, and Proline metallics. So far I've downloaded and installed the 3880 profile (from BC) and just did a quick comparison in LR between the BC profile and the RR Polar Pearl Metallic 3880 profile. I could see no difference in the soft-proof, at least. I then called BC and spoke to a tech who told me that the two papers are very similar. He claimed - of course - that I will like the BC Vibrance Metallic better. Once the stuff comes in, I'll do a side-by-side and post my impressions.

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow