French review of TG-2, note the high ISO performance

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,987Gear list
Like?
Re: French review of TG-2, note the high ISO performance
In reply to Robert Anderson, Mar 26, 2013

Robert Anderson wrote:

I had seen that. I was waiting for someone to take it underwater and test it. These true underwater housings are huge. I have had several different ones over the years. They work OK but are difficult to carry on the whitewater kayak. They won't fit in the PFD pocket and if you put them inside the boat under the skirt, it takes too long to get them out and I don't want to be pulling the skirt in the middle of a rapid.

Well, yeah.  This one says it's 150 x 110 x 98mm.  It could fit into a custom-made PFD pocket, but it'd be fiddly.  On the other hand, if you make a rigid DIY housing, it's not going to be any smaller, and will cut way down on controls.  If you want it to fit into a regular PFD pocket, it's got to be either a soft case like you've tried, or it's back to bellows with some way to equalize the pressure.

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow