300mm Telephoto Lens and Boudoire Photography, am I missing something? Locked

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
En Trance
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Re: They're probably 70-200/2.8s, not 300s.
In reply to Lee Jay, Mar 26, 2013

ljfinger wrote:

En Trance wrote:

Nothing wrong, but what of perspective. The only opportunity here for perspective involves the model's head dimensions. 50% of the image is blurred and has no perspective/depth, but you already know that. Certainly, you know also that all Portraiture is NOT HEADSHOTS.

If you're shooting a long lens from close distances (as you stated in your OP), you're shooting head shots. Nothing else is going to fit. It's simple math.

subject size = (subject distance / focal length) * sensor size

If focal length is large and subject distance is small, then subject size is also small. I've shot full-length at 400mm, but that's from far, far away (say, 60 feet or so).

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Where in all of HELL did you get the idea that I was shooting with a long lense.  I am the one that stated that I bought the wide angle lense for my close quartered model photography.  Are you just trying to fuss with someone?

If you have something intelligent to say, ( and you do appear to be intelligent ) then try saying it without criticism of the questioner. It is particularly ignorant when you have not properly read the question.

En Trance's gear list:En Trance's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 550D Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow