ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
APrioriGuy
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Need Suggestions on Naming/Branding My New Company
Mar 26, 2013

Hello Everyone,

For the last 7 years I was employed by two different international companies (not at the same time) shooting photo and video of their projects ranging from construction, demolition, manufacturing, corporate portraits, environmental studies, archeology and so on.  About the only thing I haven't shot is sports.  On the weekends I shot the occasionally wedding and a local commercials.  Recently I decided to move back to my home town and took a job paying a lot less (and a lot less dangerous - no kidding).

To help offset the pay loss I decided ahead of time to throw my hat in the local market doing both photo and video both private and commercial.  My longterm goal of course being self employment.  I know I have a wide range of skills that give me flexibility over some of my 'competition'.  There's one serious 800 pound guerrilla in town but considering their million dollar studio and the overhead they have I suspect I'll be able to come in under their price point by a good amount while still giving equal quality (I took a look at some of their work and quite frankly I do as well with a lot less in equipment and manpower).  I'm currently working on 6 internet commercials for a client and am pitching a full blown political campaign add which if I get it could catapult me from local to national level (my fingers are crossed).

So, any suggestions on branding?  I could go by my name and toss "studio" on the end which to me denotes photography only, or "productions" which to me sounds more like video.  I know a lot of photographers in this area seem to pick 'cute' names that do not include their own name.

Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions.

Alan

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow