Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
riknash
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,726Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Question
In reply to Zee Char, Mar 26, 2013

Zee Char wrote:

wcrosman wrote:

If I was a full-time pro I could envision upgraded to a full frame simply because of the lower image noise. That said, I'm not and I won't. Fully satisfied with my 7D.

Exactly. I'm not saying a pro can't or should not use a 7D but if I were making a living with my cameras I'd have the latest D series and 5D series which are available and current. I have the 5D3 and I'd kill to own the 1DX.

I wouldn't kill for the 1DX as I would also "need" the MarkII long telephotos to go with it to realize all of its advantages. As a portrait or reach limited wildlife camera, it wouldn't be a smart choice, regardless what the Canon ambassadors and promotors say. Its a perfect professional sports camera and if I shot sports as a pro or a fanatical hobbyist, I'd definitely own it for that use. Cropping a 1DX focal length limited image one comes to the harsh realization that those sweetly pixels can only do so much. A more dense sensor yields more detail in that situation.

riknash's gear list:riknash's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III HTC One
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow